Heat Stress Prevention Training Made Easy!
Employers looking for a great solution for meeting their OSHA obligations under heat stress need look no further than this revolutionary new product. Including all you need to fully train and prepare your employees in the dangers of heat stress related illnesses, Heat Stress Compliance in a Box provides training guides, fact sheets and posters to assist employers in meeting their training requirements.
What is Heat Stress?
Heat Stress occurs when the body is exposed to continuous heat and is unable to cool itself down sufficiently through sweating. This can happen, say, if an employee is working in a field, on a construction site, or is lifting heavy loads.
Who needs this kit?
Heat Stress Compliance in a Box is designed for businesses which operate in environments where employees are exposed to continuous heat. This would include the agricultural and construction industries, aswell as certain indoor industries like refineries. Many states including California have strict regulations in place enforcing mandatory heat stress prevention training.
- Heat Stress Responder Kit
- Kit includes certi-tape, cold packs, rescue blanket, forehead thermometer, certi-lyte electrolyte tablets, and sqwincher Qwik Stik.
- Heat Stress Laminated Poster (2 Posters: 1 Eng/1 Spa)
- Poster Includes Heat Stress Practices, The Heat Equation, and Types of Heat Stress.
- Heat Stress in Construction Laminated Poster (2 Posters: 1 Eng/1 Spa)
- Poster includes How To Identify Signs Of Heat Stroke, How To Prevent Incidents Of Work Site Heat Stress, How To Deal With Work Site Heat Stress Emergencies, And Necessary Steps To Minimize Work Site Heat Illness.
- Employer Laminated Training Guide (2 Guides: 1 Eng/1 Spa)
- Includes easy-to-follow instructions.
- Daily Checklist Pad (Two 25 page pad: 1 Eng/1 Spa)
- Includes necessary items needed daily to prevent Heat Stress Emergencies at the workplace.
- Heat Stress Laminated Worker Fact Sheet (12 Eng/12 Spa)
- Includes information for workers to follow during training session.
- Training Videos CD
- Includes Daily Checklist, Worker Fact Sheet, and Heat Stress Written Safety Plan, as well as link to online videos to train your employees. English, Spanish, Punjabi, Hmong.
How does the training program work?
The training program included with this kit is designed to be short, easy to follow and in compliance with the requirements laid out in Cal-OSHA heat standard, General Industry Safety Order (GISO) 3395.
Using the training material:
- Post the Heat Stress Posters and hang the Heat Stress Responder First Aid Kit within easy access
- The easy-to-follow Trainer's Guide allow supervisors to lead a heat stress safety meeting
- Attendees are provided with Worker Fact Sheets detailing critical information on heat related illness and prevention
- Supervisors can complete and sign the Daily Checklist, ensuring the correct measures have been taken to prevent heat related illness or injuries
The topics included in the heat stress training include:
- The health effects of heat
- How to stay safe and healthy
- How to be prepared for an emergency
- How to prevent heat illness